Tis’ the season for pumpkin flavored food and beverages, and this year, I’m jumping on the band-wagon and spicing up (literally) my “Better-Than-a-Muffin Muffins” recipe. In the spirit of the season, I present to you “Better-Than-a-Muffin Muffins Maple Pumpkin Muffins,” a.k.a Maple Pumpkin “Muffins” 🙂
Why is “muffins” in quotations? Because I struggle to call these guys muffins. They’re more like pumpkin-pie-meets-a-muffin-meets-a-pancake…in the shape of a muffin. Crazy, I know, but until I create an entirely new name for them, they’re “muffins.”
These maple pumpkin muffins are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free, which makes them a nice change from the Halloween candy and real pumpkin pie that you’ve been over-indulging in. But the BEST part about these muffins, is that they are ridiculously easy to make! All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a blender, which takes all 5 minutes, pour the batter into silicone muffin trays, and bake! Easy-peasy-no-excuses-baking.
Hope you all enjoy these fall inspired “muffins” as much as my toddler does! Look for “Better-Than-a-Muffin Merry Christmas Muffins” next month! (Just kidding)
*Just a reminder: It’s important to use quality, pure, maple syrup–your syrup should never rhyme with “shmant shmimimas.”
- ⅔ cup Pumpkin Puree (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup Rolled Oats, organic
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut (OR leftover coconut or almond pulp from making coconut or almond milk)
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup, plus a little extra to drizzle on top (the REAL stuff!)
- 2 Eggs, free-run
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ cup raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put all the ingredients, except pumpkin seeds, in a blender, and blend for about 30 seconds, or until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into silicone muffins trays (I make 6 regular sized, and 12 mini's)
- Top with a few pumpkin seeds and drizzle with maple syrup (optional)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest for about 20-30 minutes to give the muffins a chance to set--this is the most IMPORTANT part. They will appear raw if you try to eat them too soon, but they are not!!!