This kale and brussel sprout coleslaw is a copy-cat version of a pre-made salad that I saw at the grocery store. It looked awesome in the bag, and even came with the cranberries, pumpkin seeds and dressing! But unfortunately, the ingredients weren’t organic, and the second ingredient in the dressing was liquid sugar….so I put the bag back, and turned around to search for the ingredients! This salad turned out awesome, and is a more delicious and more nutritious version of traditional coleslaw. It would be a hit at any potluck or summer BBQ.
Here’s the link for the homemade Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 2 Cups Shredded Kale
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cup Radicchio, shredded
- 1 Cup Slivered Broccoli Stems (I cut them into match-stick sizes)
- 5 Brussel Sprouts cut thinly, length-wise
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ Cup Salted, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Serving Homemade, Poppy Seed Dressing
- Cut all the veggies, thinly, by hand or with a food processor, using the vegetable-dicing attachment (which is much faster.)
- Combine all the ingredients except poppy seed dressing.
- Add the dressing and mix to combine, right before serving.